Monday, August 20, 2012

Fingernail Folly

I think I'll stick with being old...er on this one...

So, I thought I would try the latest fingernail painting fashion and make decorative polish, but it turned out that I just ended up with a "teachable moment."

I used pink and brown polishes since those are my classroom colors this year. I painted my fingernails pink and gave myself a french manicure with brown and added some playful dots. Lol...after the french manicure, I was skeptical...after the dots, I was appalled. I remember telling my husband, "I feel like my fingers have some sort of growth or disease."

After all that work, I wiped it off, deciding it would look better on canvas, and went back to one plain old color...
This I can live with.

The point: You never know if you are going to like something unless you try it.

In this case, I didn't like it, and I don't have pretty pink and brown nails to share with the class. But...I DO have an experience and "teachable moment" to share with them. =) Feel free to share/steal/embellish...
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment