Thursday, July 5, 2012

The "Date Night" Jar


So here we have the “Date Night” jar, my latest DIY.


Like with most couples, when my husband and I find time for each other we have the age-old conversation:

“What do you want to do?”

“I don’t know. What do you want to do?”

“I don’t know. What do you want to do?”…

So, we decided to try out the “Date Night” jar. It's not a new idea, but it's a good one. The goal is to pick something from the jar to do at least once per week with some all-weekenders put in there, too. Once something’s picked, there’s no turning back (unless, of course, it’s a seasonal activity).

For a list of all our ideas, move on to my DIY page. =)

Funny, when I was making it, my hubby commented on me making it like an elementary teacher would. Go figure. (Of course, I do have something similar for my classroom with the kids names on it. I use it when I want to put them in groups or call on random kids to answer questions. I use it religiously. It helps to keep them focused and paying attention. It also eliminates the idea that I have "favorites" that I call on all the time.)
To commemorate our 11th anniversary this weekend, we chose to start picking from “the jar.” Our first pick… “Play pool, foosball, or ping-pong.” I’ll keep you updated =)…

If you have any ideas for great date ideas, let me know, and I'll add them to the jar. Have a great weekend!

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment